At CVRC, our goal is to provide you with a superior experience from the time you check in to the time you leave our office. We understand the concerns that patients have with potentially vision-threatening eye conditions. We strive to offer the highest quality care available in an atmosphere of excellence, compassion, integrity, and innovation. These qualities are reflected in our mission statement. Please let us know if you have any special needs or requests prior to your visit.
We want you to feel comfortable at Cumberland Valley Retina Consultants. Here are some important things to know in preparation for your first visit.
- Print and fill out the following forms before your visit: New Patient Registration Form and Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Plan for 2 hours for your first visit.
- Bring a list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Have your current medical insurance card(s) available, as well as billing information.
- If your insurance requires co-payments, we accept cash, check, credit or debit cards.
- If your insurance requires authorization for you to see a specialist, please bring an insurance referral which is separate from your insurance card. This is typically obtained from your insurance company or your primary care physician.
- Bring picture ID such as a drivers license.
- Bring sunglasses (rain or shine) because your eyes will be dilated for the first visit.
- If possible, arrange for someone to drive you home.
Again, please bring all requested items with you to your appointment. Please call at the main office if you have any questions. We are here to help!